As a business owner or homeowner, one of the worst things to experience is theft and vandalism. Even when there is security in place, it is still possible for your home or business to become a target to burglary. It is an incredibly violating experience that leaves property owners very vulnerable and with a huge loss to belongings and other valuables in their homes and businesses. The costs of stolen or damaged property can add up pretty quickly, which is why it’s so important to get in touch with your insurance company. Your insurance company is there to ensure that you get a settlement for the items and belongings that were stolen or damaged in your property.
Unfortunately, insurance companies are wary of a theft and vandalism insurance claim because they want to make your home or business was actually burglarized. At Public Adjuster Indiana, we are here to help property owners who are having trouble with their theft and vandalism insurance claim in Indianapolis, IN. It is so important as soon as you figure out you’ve been burglarized, you call the police. When the police arrive at your home or business, they will file a police report. Once all of that is said and done, you can contact our licensed public adjusters to help you with your vandalism and theft claim. We are able to work closely with you and ensure that you get the cash settlement that you deserve. Not only do we handle filing your claim, but we will be a point of contact for your insurance. This will make getting your home or business back in order easier and less stressful. If you want to work with professionals who get you a fair and honest insurance claim, please contact us at 317-416-0028.
Why Filing a Police Report Is Important
The reason that insurance companies are skeptical or careful with a theft and vandalism insurance claim is that they want to make sure that the policyholders are telling the truth. Anyone can call their insurance company and say they have been robbed, but there needs to be concrete proof that theft and vandalism took place. That is why calling the police and filing a police report is so crucial. The police are able to compile a list of items in your home or business that were stolen, so that they have a better chance of getting your stuff back, but that your insurance company has a record of the stolen items and belongings. This is the best way to help the police and ensure that you get a settlement that is able to help you replace your stolen items and belongings.
It’s important to note, however, that a list of items and belongings isn’t enough to convince your insurance company that these items were stolen. You will need more proof to provide to the insurance company so they are more likely to believe and help you. Some things that can help you prove that you owned said stolen belongings and items is having a record of the following
- Credit card statements
- Security footage
- Tax returns
- Insurance policy endorsements
Having these type of records is going to help tremendously in getting the theft and vandalism insurance claim for your Indianapolis, IN home or business. At Public Adjuster Indiana we are able to make this situation easier and file the necessary paperwork and documents for you. We are here to fight for you and be your advocate so that you can get the settlement that you deserve. If you would like to work with us, just call us at 317-416-0028.
What To Do After a Burglary
Taking the correct steps will ensure that you get the theft and vandalism insurance claim that you deserve.
- Go to a Safe Place: If you feel unsafe in your home or business, then move to an area or place that feels safe to you.
- Call the Police: Call the police as soon as you are in a secure area or place. Once the police are there, you will need to give them as much information as possible about stolen items and belongings.
- Be As Detailed As Possible: Accuracy and detail are so crucial when filing a police report. The more detail, the better. If you think you are giving too much information, you most likely aren’t. This is going to help the police, as well as your insurance provider, assist in getting either you stolen items back or provide a settlement for said stolen items.
We know how difficult and stressful theft and vandalism is. We have been in this business a long time and have seen insurance companies not provide the best settlements for their policyholders. We think this is wrong and unfair, which is why we fight to get you the best settlement. To get a free claim review for your theft and vandalism insurance claim in Indianapolis, IN, call 317-416-0028.
How We Can Help
As your public adjusters, there are a number of things that we will do for you.
- We will thoroughly review your insurance policy coverage.
- Our public adjusters will provide detailed inspections of damages to your home or business.
- We will compile a list of the items and belongings that were stolen.
- We will provide your insurance company with an estimate of stolen items and belongings.
- Our public adjusters will prepare and file all of the necessary paperwork.
- We advocate and negotiate with your insurance company on your behalf.
- If your property was damaged during the burglary, we will set up cleaning and repairs for you.
- Get you the maximum amount on your settlement.
It takes our public adjusters 24 hours to file your insurance claim; we will also send your insurance company a letter of representation so they know who your point of contact is. All contact will be made with us, so if your insurance company needs to talk to you, they will need to talk with us. In the event that your settlement is not secured, we will advise that litigation is used. We are able to work with litigation to ensure you get a fair settlement. Most of the time insurance companies will only offer 70% of the total of stolen items and belongings, but at Public Adjuster Indiana, we can get you 100% or 150% of your insurance claim. Get the best settlement for your theft and vandalism insurance claim in Indianapolis, IN, by calling our public adjusters at 317-416-0028.